What are the benefits of formal mentoring?
- Accelerate your growth in UX
- Understand your options and paths available
- Achieve your personal goals
- Gain clarity on your career path
- Add value to your web design projects
- Get guidance, feedback, and advice from someone with experience in different type of roles and settings
Is this program for you?
- You're switching careers and transitioning to UX from a different field
- You're a student or graduate looking for your first UX job or internship
- You're a solo UX designer in your organization
- You're an experienced designer looking for your next UX challenge or next career move
- You're a freelance designer who cares about user experience and wants to add more value to your web design projects
My name is Ana and I'm a UX Consultant and Design Mentor & Coach. During my career, I've worked as a freelancer, in-house UX professional, and designer for digital agencies. One highlight of my career was working for Google as Mobile UX Specialist!
Coaching vs Mentoring
What are the differences between coaching and mentoring, and how can this program provide you with the best of both worlds?
- We'll analyze your goals and needs during our first intro call to ensure not only we're the right fit but that you have the right amount of support and guidance (mentoring) and you're still able to grow your skills and confidence to make your own decisions (coaching).
- Like most coaching programs, there's a set duration to achieve your goals; however, our relationship from a mentoring perspective can be ongoing and last for as long as you need!
- Depending on your own needs, the sessions and calls will be more or less structured. If you need more mentoring, then you'll probably want to set your own agenda for most calls.
- As someone experienced and qualified in UX, I can provide you skills-focused coaching and additional support as a mentor.
What you can get from this program...
Achieve your personal career goals
Getting started in UX can be daunting, especially if you aren't 100% sure about the right career path for you. I can help you gain clarity and decide on your first step. Is it starting as a generalist to understand what you really want to focus on? Is it start freelancing right away? Is it to specialize in a very specific field? I'm here to help. I've been there too.
Whether you want to be an independent UX consultant or work in a big company, I can guide you towards achieving your own goals.
Craft a portfolio that is relevant to your career goals
Your UX portfolio needs to showcase work that is relevant to the type of jobs you want to attract, while also highlighting your own unique process and what makes you different. Depending on your experience (or lack of) this can be challenging. I can guide you towards the right direction, whether you have tons of work to chose from or you're starting a new case study from scratch.
Learn UX with me
There are lots of free self-paced courses and materials out there for both beginners and advanced. However, most of them still have lower completion rates. Why? Because they lack a more structured support, a sense of community and accountability. A mentor will keep you accountable while also providing you extra support for these self-paced initiatives.
Get ongoing feedback & support for your first UX role or project
Have you just landed your first project or UX role? Congratulations! But your journey isn't over yet. If you feel nervous and anxious, you probably would welcome some support from a more experienced UX professional. I can give you detailed feedback on your current project (s) and guide you towards your next career steps, while you grow your skills and confidence.
"The clarity I've gained working with Ana has meant the world to me. I love that I'm able to bounce ideas related to what I want to achieve and Ana helps me create an action plan for achieving them. I feel like I'm finally moving forward in the right direction." — Kim Atkinson, Independent UX Designer
How does this all work?
Step 1. Fill the super short form
Please fill my form to apply for a 1:1 mentorship program with me. If you prefer to have a chat first, you can either book a quick 15min free call for any program related questions or a discounted first session here. The discounted intro call is a full strategy session with value on its own. It's pitch & commitment-free for both of us and doesn't guarantee a spot in the program.
Step 2. Wait for approval and contract
If we both feel we're the right fit to work together, I'll draft a user-friendly 1-month contract. The cost of the program is $250 p/month and this amount is paid at the beginning of each month. You'll be able to cancel or renew your program every month, but depending on your goals, I will suggest a specific timeline for our overall plan.
Step 3. Book your calls in advance
With this program, you'll get 3 video sessions (1 hour each) via skype or hangouts; or you can split these three hours in 30min slots. I advise you to book your calls as much as in advance as you can.
Step 4. Tracking Progress & Unlimited Emails
During the 1:1 mentorship program, you'll be able to email me any time if you are stuck with something or if you want to add something to our next call's agenda (you'll receive an answer within 48h). We'll also be sharing tracking progress worksheets & docs, depending on your goals.
Your monthly package includes:
- 3 hours in video calls p/month (3x one-hour sessions or split 30min sessions)
- Unlimited support via email
- Progress tracking and goal mapping
Cost: $250 p/month
Not suiting your needs? You can also build your own mentorship package.
"Ana is a fount of knowledge when it comes to UX design, always willing to develop her know-how and stay fresh with her designs. She also cares about enabling the potential in others, which is what I have appreciated her for the most while working together, having taught me user-centred design skills and concepts." — Teodora Busurca, co-founder at Sport Business Chain (SBC)
The standard package doesn't have to fit everyone's needs. Build your own!
"I am so so lucky to get Ana as my mentor! Every feedback was full of really valuable information!!! She is very kind and always helped with my difficulties. Thanks to Ana I got the job I was dreaming about. I had a lot of mentors in my own country before, but you are my best! :)" — Katerina Shchutskaya, Freelance Web Designer
Apply for a 1:1 Mentorship Program with me